My experiments keep getting increasingly interesting. To me, anyway!
My latest exploration is in extra-large-scale tattooing. For a few reasons — primarily because they excite me more!
Large-scale tattooing gives me the opportunity to spend less time preparing for upcoming appointments. After I design a large piece, if it takes 5-10 sessions to complete, that’s 4-9 sessions that I don’t have to do extra preparation for.
This frees up my time to focus on creating an excellent experience at Affinity.
Finally, large-scale and multi-session work gives me a much more reliable stream of income. If I have a regular rotation of clients, then my income is more predictable, and I don’t need to do as much marketing.
What this means for my clients (the important ones in this situation) — you’ll be getting a massive piece of body art at a more reasonable price that I can only offer when my time has been freed up to this extent.
You’ll also be getting a refreshed tattoo artist every time, because of the reduced stress from only working on large-scale tattoos.
Projects I’m excited about.
I do my best work when I’m excited about it. Here are the wish-list tattoos that I’m interested in tackling in 2022:
- Carnival Row inspired back.
- Succubus sleeve / Leg sleeve
- Wheel of Time characters.
- Legend of Zelda themed.
- Art Nouveau barn swallow torso
Final Fantasy VII leg sleeve.Pending A Dungeons & Dragons inspired back or torso.Claimed Spider-Gwen / Ghost Spider vs Venom…or a Venom Gwen… Claimed
- White Snake sleeve (from the folk tale, the serpent who speaks to animals and does favors for favors in return)
- Female assassin (Mistborn inspired)
Hansel and Gretel witch themeClaimed and Started!
- Puppet Soldier
- Gypsie Fortune teller (crystal ball)
- Warrior woman wearing a chainmail bikini. (It’s a joke in tabletop rpg communities)
- The Imp Princess (read The Imp Prince fairytale)
- Golden Fish (of Wishes) torso
- The Enchanted Canary
- The Spirit in the Bottle (Grimm)
- Moon Jellyfish Nouveau (Glowing Jellyfish)
- Greco-Roman Statues
- Fox and Rabbit
Komodo dragon on leg or arm.Claimed
- Eglė the Queen of Serpents (Not a Medusa)
I’ll keep this list updated as pieces get claimed.
My list of demands.
I’ll be working my ass off to provide some incredible value in these sessions, so I have a list of my own demands.
- Every piece must be a full limb, or the front/back of the torso.
- You have to commit to coming in every 6-10 weeks to work on your tattoo until it’s complete, each piece will take between 5-10 sessions to complete.
- It will not be “cheap.” I’m knocking off $100 per session to make each project more affordable, but each one of these tattoos is still going to cost $350 per session.
- Every piece will be from my “wish list.” A list of tattoo ideas. You pick the idea that seems awesome for you, then I’ll design it for your body before your appointment.
- Unless one of my “ideas” can be approached with dramatically different art, each idea will only get tattooed once.
- I would prefer completely fresh skin for each body part, but I will consider some cover-up projects. I’ll have help from professional cover-up artists during the design process on these projects.
If you’re interested in one of the ideas, please fill out the application below and I’ll be in touch within two business days to dig into the details.